With festival season finally upon us, we’re getting excited for weekends full of good music, good friends and good fun! However, as experienced festival-goers, we know that if you’re not properly prepared, your festival experience can get a little messy (and we aren’t just referring to the mud!)
To make sure you have a weekend to remember (for all the right reasons), we’ve put together our top five festival tips and packing essentials…
1. For obvious reasons, don’t pitch your tent near the toilets and try not to set up camp near a pathway either. You don’t want any unwelcome campmates stumbling into your tent in the early hours. Try to find a spot for your tent on higher ground, with a level surface to avoid a mud pit if it rains.
2. If you are heading to the festival with friends, try to pitch your tents to form a communal area in the middle. This makes a great spot for meals together and some fun after parties too! Just remember to make it obvious that this area is yours, or you could end up loosing it to an unwanted tent.
3. When you arrive at the festival, it is a really good idea to agree on a meeting point, should you get separated from your friends. Keep an eye out for a tall and recognisable landmark, that you can get to easily, especially if you’ve had one too many beers!
4. It is easy to get caught up in the party atmosphere of a festival, but remember to pace yourself and make sure that you eat well before drinking alcohol. It is also really important to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Take note of where the Festival Medial Services are located, just in case.
5. When you are all partied out and feeling rough, the last thing you want is to be stuck in the long queues to exit the festival. Plan your final bands and then pack up your belongings in the tent, ready for a quick exit.
What to pack
Whether you're going to Glastonbury, Latitude or Wireless this summer, make sure you pack the following essentials to ensure you survive the festival…
1. Bin bags: Bin bags are a lifesaver at a festival! They have so many uses, from keeping your bedding dry to doubling up as a poncho.
2. Wet wipes: Do not leave home without wet wipes. They WILL be needed. They are a great backpack essential for a quick freshen up, removing make-up, or removing mud. You can get some great biodegradable ones that are planet friendly.
3. Urinal bags: These may sound awful, but honestly, they are the best invention if you don't want to face the smelly and dirty festival loos, or wait in the long queues. They are also great for when you don’t want to leave your tent in the middle of the night to find the toilet. Simply use the bag and throw them away. No mess and no smell.
4. After Party: Our pocket-sized, energy boosting shot combines essential vitamins, minerals and botanicals to help aid your morning recovery. Don’t forget to pack enough After Party shots to share with your festival friends!
5. Portable phone chargers: These handy little devices will help to keep your phone battery topped up over the weekend. This means you will always be able to keep in contact with friends and share all your festival fun on your insta stories.